Monday, May 18, 2009

Heavy Frost!!!

There goes my asparagus. Ugh! A hard frost just turns the asparagus that is out of the soil into a pale stick of mush. In a few days new asparagus will emerge unharmed and the growth cycle will continue; but I so wanted to take some to work for my friends who've been patiently waiting.

My boss is always the first one to receive asparagus from me. Why? Well I want to keep my job. Just kidding! He too is an avid gardener and shares veggies with me that I don't plant, so it's a win-win situation. My boss has received his bundle of spears and so have the neighbors, but the co-workers are still chomping at the bit and will have to continue to do so for a few more days. It also means I will not be snacking on the smallest of the raw spears dipped in ranch for a snack today.

I'm sorry there will be no picture of the frost bit asparagus, because I'm in a nightie and it's still only 29 degrees out there.

Hey Mother Nature I'd be ever so grateful if this could be the last of the spring frosts.

No comments: