Sunday, May 3, 2009

Preparing for Another Diaper Cake

Once upon a time I saw a diaper cake online and decided I should try to make one. My daughter's shower was in Maine, so I took everything in my suitcase and assembled it the morning of the shower. Boy! that was gutsy. Luckily I had just enough ribbon and it turned out pretty cute for a first time project. Compliments were plenty and I considered it a success. This is my first attempt at a diaper cake.

This was Ava's cake, which means I made it back in 2005. The duck is holding a gift card for a dinner for two for Mom & Dad.



The second time around, it was a piece of cake. No pun intended. This was Sydney's cake I made in 2006. The little medals hanging from the ribbons says It's a Girl!



And the last cake I made was for a friend & neighbor of ours. This one I made for her first grandson, Hunter. It was fun making one specifically for a boy and to the jungle theme like his nursery decorations.



What will Ashley & the new baby's cake look like? Well I don't think we will know if it's a boy or girl before the shower, so it may have to be generic, but that doesn't mean it won't be cute. I have some ideas up my sleeve. I may even pull a rabbit out of my hat.

If you've seen any cute cakes or have an idea, please comment.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Those cakes are adorable! I got the coupons you sent, thanks!!!