Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine Flu - What's a Mama to do?

The swine flu in Mexico is all over the news. I don't need to direct you to articles they are everywhere and easy to find.

It's a bit scary when you have a child living there. My daughter, moved to MX in January. Thank God! And I mean that literally - she is not in Mexico city. She resides in Guanajuato, which is 4 1/2 hours northwest of the Ciudad of Mexico. I know cases are showing up all over the world now, so what's 4 1/2 hours away. Well, at least she's not in the thick of it at the moment.

I spoke to Ashley by phone yesterday and they have not closed the University she and Miguel teaches at in Irupato. They have been instructed to take precautions such as not greeting people with a kiss or shaking hands and to wash their hands frequently. Miguel's mom is a nurse and she has the family eating special foods to boost their immune systems. I'm sure Miguel's mother will be watching her like a hawk as Ashley is carrying her first grandchild. Now that's motivation in my book.

My crazy husband says he's not worried about it, because he doesn't plan on kissing any pigs. Oh! sometimes I would like to strangle that man. Pray for him! And on a more serious note; please pray for the people of Mexico and their loved ones who are worried about them.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ah ha ha ha, dad is such a weirdo! i'm glad he doesn't plan on kissing any pigs. silly silly man. i love him too much.