Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Family Traveling Scrapbook

My oldest daughter, Amanda made this family scrapbook and presented it to me last fall. I've never attempted scrap booking before, but I've made greeting cards and many of the techniques are the same.





Inside the front cover is a letter and instructions.

I'll recreate the letter for you, so you can read the words yourself.

She did such a beautiful job on this journal, it is a true labor of love....


Dear Mom & Meghan, Ashley & Audra:

Even though we are spread across the continent we remain, as always close in heart and mind. As our life journeys continue to move us farther from one another I was brainstorming a way to keep our family ties strong.

I decided upon a circular journal. Our very own family journal! A place where we can share moments that others have missed or where we can rejoice in those moments we are lucky enough to share.

The rules are limited. Just keep in mind you must complete a page prior to passing it on and it must pass to each person once before repeating the circle. Feel free to be creative or keep it simple.

I'm excited to see what everyone creates and can't wait to come home to the package on my doorstep.

I Love You!

Amanda





This is the page Amanda did to start the book off.


Audra & Rick's wedding, June 9, 2007.




I created my first page of my youngest two girls, Ashley & Audra and their smiles.


Don't they have gorgeous smiles!






Thank you for creating this family journal, Amanda. When this one is full the next one is on me.

No comments: