Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's Asparagus Time! Yippee!

I picked and ate at least 18 stalks of asparagus last night. Wholly Cow! It was so delicious and the first of the season, so I couldn't help myself. It was heavenly.



I washed & dried the asparagus and then rubbed it with olive oil and then salted and peppered it and roasted it on a pizza pan in the oven for 10 min. The time will vary depending on the size of the stalks and how tender you want them. Pencil thin stalks would probably take 5 minutes or so. Some of mine were at the pretzel rod size circumference so I left them in 10 minutes.

Okay, so my plate looked something like this. I know, I know. But if you're going to make a pig out of yourself...at least keep it healthy like I did.



Asparagus is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It has no fat or cholesterol and is low in calories. I will be enjoying this super duper veggie until the end of June.

If you want to look up more information on Asparagus try this site.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Yum! My aspargus patch doesn't do so well. I am not sure why.