Friday, April 3, 2009

Do I have to like this guy, now?



James Eugene Carrey (born January 17, 1962), best known as Jim Carrey is a two-time Golden Globe Award-winning Canadian-American actor and stand-up comedian. He is probably best known for his manic and slapstick performances in comedy films such as Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, Liar Liar, and Bruce Almighty.

My family can attest to this. I do not like this guy! I hate the "silly-stupid" humor he so well known for. The guy seriously gives me the creeps. I know Jenny McCarthy has called him the "autism whisperer" and talks about how good Jim has been with her son,Evan; so maybe I won't bash him like I used to. But I still don't like him. He can stay on his side of the street and I'll stay on mine.


I've read Jenny's book Louder Than Words. She uses bad language, BEWARE! She made a promise to God that if he healed her son, she would spend the rest of her life helping other families rescue their children from the grips of autism. She was on Oprah a few weeks back and yes, he joined them for a few minutes. Spare me, just because he's famous I don't think he deserves the attention he's getting on this. There are hundreds of Dads, grandpas, uncles, teachers etc. out there in the trenches everyday, making a difference in autistic kids lives.... Plu-eeze don't get me started. I'd of liked the program better if they would have left him out of it. Sorry, back to the topic of the books.

I haven't read Mother Warriors yet, (but plan to) I've heard very good reviews on it. If you've read it, please leave a comment.


1 comment:

Meghan said...

I read Mother Warriors, note that she does refer to a few daddy warriors also. It was a good book and I learned a few things, yet I have a hard time because I do believe in organizations like the American Academy of Pediatrics. The vaccine issue is huge and I deal with it daily now that I work in peds.