Sunday, April 17, 2011

Homecoming Tears

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried when I received Audra's email and pictures.

I knew Rick was on his way home, 
but they are not home until they are all the way home.
(Last trip his plan was struck by lightening between
Houston & El Paso)


Ceremony first.  I'm sure it's hard to wait.  It's hard to find
them in that crowd of soldiers.
It's got to be hard to hold yourself back
from running to them and wrapping your arms around them.


Looks like someone was not shy.


Rick & Rowyn. 
I bet it was hard for him too. 
He has not seen his little girl since October.


One Happy Family.

Thank you, GOD, you are ever so faithful.


Rowyn's outfit to meet her daddy.
The shirt says "My Daddy is a Combat Engineer".

This all happened in the wee hours of this morning, while most of us were fast asleep.


1 comment:

Meghan said...

so thankful for his safe return