Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just for Amanda


My orchids looked like this the day after my daughter left. 
I had hoped they'd bloom while she was here.
I do believe she loves flowers as much as I do.
Of course, soon after she departed they all commenced opening their petals
to reveal the beautiful colors inside.


This is the second and third branches to bloom since it
died back and I managed to follow the directions to get it
to re-bloom.  There are two branches with seven flowers
(or buds) on each.  That's a whole bunch of beautiful.
You can see the sister plant has started budding too.


Out of peer lack of time today, I'm not going to
go through the effort of uploading to Kodak
to turn these last two photos.


Daniela has not learned how to smell yet, but we keep trying
to teach her.  She basically tries to kiss them instead.


These beauties came from Home Depot; when they had their
Gardening Club coupon I bought one and got one free.
What a deal!
And I thought orchids were beyond my gardening capabilities.
Don't be afraid to try.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mom - they are so beautiful! Thank you for the burst of spring in the middle of winter!