Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's been less than a month

It has been less than a month ago that a classmate of Audra's was murdered in Detroit and now a classmate of Ashley's was killed in a rollover accident on I96. It's so sad when people die in their 20's, no chance to marry or have children or do anything with their education. I can't imagine the sorrow their loved ones have to bare.

Karla Johnson was in Ashley's girl scout troop. She was an avid dancer, an excellent student and a good kid. The newspaper article stated she was a passenger in a car that swerved to avoid hitting an animal on the highway. The car rolled over several times and Karla who was not wearing a seat belt was thrown from the car and seriously injured. Alcohol was not involved in the accident, just a failure to buckle up.

In the back of my mind a little voice nags at me....it could have been one of my kids. Nothing in life is guaranteed. I may be one of the lucky ones and live to a ripe old age and die before any of my children do, but there are those who are not so lucky. I do not know what my future holds... but I do know who holds my future and with that in mind I'll say a prayer for Karla's family and thank God for the many blessing he's given me in the form of children & grandchildren.

No comments: