Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Number Four, AVA!

I have a grand daughter who just turned four. A Very Adorable child.

While they enjoyed a celebration of cake & ice cream everyone took a turn saying what they loved most about Ava. She was so thrilled, she requested a repeat performance. Insert (laughing out loud) here.

Gramie couldn't not be present for her birthday, but I would like to put my two cents in. First a look at the cake and what this years birthday celebration held for Ava.



Good choice, Mom & Dad, the cake is adorable too.



In years past the family has had a huge BBQ with friends and coworkers for Ava's birthday and another for her brother the next month, but this year they opted for something new, family oriented & fun for all of them. Here's a great combination - Amusement Park & Christmas combined, which spells Santa's Village in New Hampshire.



What I love most about Ava is her love for her brother & her gift of helping.

One day while I was visiting their house we waited at the end of the drive way well past the time Michael was suppose to arrive home from school. We watched bus after bus going by one way and then returning from the other direction. No Michael. I began to worry that he'd fallen asleep on the bus or been left behind at the school. I didn't know what to do. If I walked back up their long driveway to the house to get my cell phone his bus might come and wouldn't let him off because no one was waiting at the end of the driveway for him. So I asked Ava if she'd run back to the house and get Gramie's phone. I explained that I was worried about him because he was late.



Here's Ava running back with my purse. I dialed her Mom on the phone and as I touched the send button, here came the bus. I was so relieved. I gave him a great big hug. Ava did too after asking him the big question. "Michael where were you?"
She loves her big brother and is always looking out for him, making sure he gets his fair share and is never left behind.

Ava your a great sister and a very special grand daughter!

No comments: