Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch


Thursday night we were looking for something to do while
Daniela's mom was studying.
A friend suggested we go to the Pumpkin Patch.
Can you guess who we went with?
Here's a peak into my crystal ball.


If you guessed our friend, Rosie you'd be right.

There were animals galore on the farm:
horses, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, ducks,
turkeys, miniature chickens, peacocks, and bunnies.


Although it wasn't crowded like Spicer's Orchard, we
weren't the only ones there.  A group of girls
were chasing each other on top of these hay bales.
They were the big ones, rolled like shredded wheat, so
our little girls had to be content with playing on
the slides that were fixed to a few of the bales.





Daniela & Rosie took turns on the tire horse swing.



After the ponies we ventured into Daniela's very
first corn maze.
Rosie and her Mom ran ahead on the trail and
we had to find them hidden in the corn stalks.
After a couple times, Rosie hid by herself and
we had to find her.



Daniela was behind me on the trail....
and then she wasn't.
Good Grief!
How was I going to explain that one to her Mommy?
I lost the kid in the corn maze.
I frantically ran back & forth on the trail hoping
she hadn't gone to far that I couldn't find her easily.

And then....

out she popped, with a shit-eating grin on her face.
She wanted to play hide & seek too, but just
didn't bother to let me in on it.
I laughed myself silly....what a stinker.
We hope to go back to the Pumpkin Patch a couple
more times this fall. 
We bought three little gourds for $1.00,
but will get a real pumpkin closer to Halloween.

No comments: