Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An Alpaca Sweater for me

I made a comment on my blog a month or so ago regarding how I'd love to knit myself an alpaca sweater. Perhaps you remember this post, or if you missed it just click on the link I provided.

When I went to take care of my grand children in Maine, they presented me with a couple presents. A tin of my favorite chamomile tea, um it's sooooooo good and a box of alpaca yarn/fiber. I was so surprised and so pleased. My daughter went to all the trouble of talking to someone who knits to find out how much yarn she should get to make a sweater and then ordered it for me.



The color is perfect and if you could just feel how soft it is......unbelievable. I know it will be warm beyond anything I've ever owned.




I had been looking for a picture of some sweater styles I liked and had clipped and saved this one. I want something simple and basic. No open weaves, no fancy stitches, no changing colors. Just plain & cozy and this one fits the bill. Now I just have to find a pattern for such a sweater. I will go to the local yarn shop and have the owner help me to figure out if I have enough yarn for the pattern etc. I don't want to take any chances with this sweater. It's been decades since I made myself a sweater and this one has the makings of being something I'll treasure for the rest of my life. I want to do it right.



Thank you Samoluk family... that was super sweet of you. And if anyone reading has a sweater pattern they'd like to share, please let me know in the comments section.

No comments: