Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!

Do you recognize that Nursery Rhyme line? The home again, home again, fits perfectly. First there was the trip to Maine in Oct. and home again. Then the recent trip to North Carolina in November and home again. I'm not sure what the Jiggity Jig is suppose to mean, but I'm only home for two weeks and then I'm off to Mexico. We are still awaiting the arrival of our granddaughter, which could be any day now. Ashley's due date is November 25, and if she doesn't arrive by then the count down will begin, because they will only let her go seven days beyond that before they will take her by C-Section.

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig. A jig could be a dance, also referred to when bobbing to and fro. Rest assured I do not dance my way home. I usually manage to keep it together to say good-bye, but a few hours into the car ride home silent tears run down my cheeks as I rarely know when I will be able to see those loved ones in person again. This time when saying good-bye to Sydney we were throwing kisses to each other and catching them. As I ended the game and headed toward the car, she started to cry...so I went back and threw and caught a few more pretend kisses and then jumped in the car as fast as I could. I am not a strong person, had she started crying in earnest I would have started the journey home blubbering inconsolably.

I'll be traveling to Mexico alone and Corky will be home with the dog. My ticket was $640 and since this will not be a site seeing adventure, he opted to stay home. I do believe his last plane ride in October had something to do with that decision as well.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

mmmm, the longest they'll wait is a week to take her, but not necessarily by c-section, i'm sure they would try to induce first... but i'm not letting them wait a week because exactly a week later is the day you arrive! i'll give them a few days... like i have a choice!