Sunday, August 17, 2008

My First Attempt At Blogging

Actually the title statement is not true, my first attempt was in June. Setting up the blog was not to difficult, but I ran into problems posting photos. Since then I have read the "Everything Blogging Book" and decided to try again. It's hard to grasp some of the concepts and the jargon gets confusing also, but it's good to push the brain cells into hyper-mode occasionally.

My main motivation is not to have a place to write, but to have somewhere to post photos for an online digital photography class I am participating in. I soon realized I need a blog to post my pictures so that others could see the choices I submitted for the assignments. I have always enjoyed taking pictures, and decided it was time to find a new hobby. My passions in life have always been growing things and children. My older two girls have "grown and flown" and now the younger two are also about to leave the nest, so I'm trying to get ready for the big event by reinventing myself. Hence, the name for my blog, REINVENTING DORSEY.

Hmmm..... Reinventing, but that I mean the plan is to find new hobbies, venture out and take classes, meet new people, get a new focus on life. The mothering children living at home part of my life has come and gone and the next phase of my life is about to begin. Instead of dragging my feet, because this is not the way I had it planned, I'm determined to put my efforts is getting ready for the next stage with a positive attitude. I have another new hobby on the back burner which I will start late fall or early winter, but I'll save that for another post.

No comments: