Sunday, August 17, 2008

Assignment #3 - Better Composition

#1 - Rule of Thirds

Images shouldn't be smack dab in the middle, but located along the lines of thirds.




#2 - No background clutter.

My dog, a Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier named Elora Danan


#3 - Viewpoint
Sydney looking for the Nutties. That is "squirrels", for all of you who don't know Sydney.










#4 - Fill the Frame

Carson kissing Lilly. He was a fast kisser, I had to be faster.




# 5 - Lines

I found it difficult to choose between two pictures, so posted them both. However, I lost the second photo during an edit . Ugh! I long for the day this all will be easy for me.




#6 - Details
I call this one the floating cat head and then just to show you that Maggie does have a body and how cute she is, the whole body shot.

#7 - Know the Subject.

My great niece, Lillian. Is there anything more precious than a sleepy, suck-a-thumb baby?

#8 - Break the Rules

Although this picture breaks the rules regarding cutting people off at the joints, other ways of cropping seemed to lose something that this pictures has. It's slightly blurry, someday I'll invest in a tripod.

3 comments:

Heather said...

These are great shots ... I love B&W. I especially like the last one where you broke the rules :)

Beth Simmons said...

I also like the last shot alot. I like your rule of thirds pic as well. I just like birds:) Good job.

Anonymous said...

You are really talented with the camera!