Sunday, April 15, 2012

Book List for Autism Readers

See my post below for the first 63 books I read on Autism and check out the list for book I've read since April 2010.

64) Dancing in the Rain:  Stories of Exceptional Progress by Parents of   Children with Special Needs.
65)  Precious Treasure by Elizabeth Matthews
66) Expecting Adam:  A True Story of Birth, Rebirth and Everyday Magic by Martha Beck
67) Changing the Course of Autism by Marlene Targ Bill
68) Child of Eternity by Adriana Rocha
69) A Mind Apart:  Understanding Children with Autism and Aspergers Syndrome
70) Freeing your Children From Anxiety:  Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome your Child's Fears, Worries and Phobias by Tamar Chansky
71) Lucy's Story:  Autism and Other Adventures by Lucy Blackman
72)  Autism and Play by Jannik Beyer
73) Three Times the Love:  Finding Answers and Hope for our Triplets with Autism by Lynn and Randy Gaston
74) The Only Boy in the World:  A Father Explores the Mysteries of Autism by Michael Blastland
75)  Boy Alone - A Brothers Memoir by Karl Taro Greenfeld
76) Unstrange Minds:  Remapping the World of Autism by Roy Richard Grinker
77) The Boy who went Away by Eli Gottlieb
78) Autistic Thinking by Peter Vermeulen
79) Look Me in the Eye:  My Life with Asperers by John Elder Robison
80)  House Rules by Jodi Picoult
81) A Pebble to Polish by Janet Lord Leszl
82) Healing the New Childhood Epidemics; Autism, ADHC, Asthma and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders
83) A Child's Journey out of Autism:  One Family's Story of Living in Hope and Finding A Cure by Leeann Whiffen
84) When Snow Turns to Rain:  One Family's Struggle to Solve the Riddle of Autism by Craig B. Schulze
85)  The Normal One:  Life with a Difficult or Damaged Sibling by Jeanne Safer
86) How to Be a Sister:  A Love Story with a Twist of Autism by Eileen Garvin
87)  The Horse Boy:  A Memoir of Healing by Rupert Isacson
88)  A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner
89)  Functional Behavior Assessment for People with Autism.  Making Sense of Seemingly Senseless Behavior by Beth A Glasberg.
90) Without Reason:  A Family Copes with 2 Generations of Autism by Charles Hart
91) Between Their World and Ours:  Breakthroughs with Autistic Children by Karen Zelan
92) Sowing my Tears Reaping His Joy by Marion Ferguson Witcher

I really thought I'd read over 100, but this is all that I can easily find at the moment.  I'll see if I can come up with any more.  It would be much easier if I'd just write them down as I read them, but no.... I'm scouring the bookshelves, the paperback swap club's list of swapped books, and the order history from the thrifty book website.  I like to do things the hard way, if that's not obvious enough for you to see.

I chose such a thick book this month, I'm not sure if I'll get very many autism books read besides that one and one or two more.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

thank you so much for this list. I intend on picking at least one! :) I hear you are coming to Maine lands in July! maybe we will see you then! *hugs*