Monday, March 9, 2009

365/48 The Rock


Hey! Girls do you remember this? I know at least one of you painted it while in high school. If any of the rest of you did, I expect you to fess up.

This huge rock was moved from the old high school to the new one, so the students could continue to paint it. Over the years, it's been painted for all kinds of reasons. A rival school coming to play ball... someones in love with someone else... wishing someone good luck or the opposite. I'm sure over the years a few bad things have been painted on it as well. I can't begin to guess how many layers of paint this old stone has on it. If this old rock could talk, the stories it could tell.

Now it bears a plate that says the "SPIRIT ROCK" has been donated by the class of 2008 in memory of .... (two girls who died while attending high school).



If you could write something on it today, what would it be????

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I do not ever remember writing on the rock myself but I do remember seeing a few choice phrases.