Sunday, February 15, 2009

Being Frugal in 2009

This post is going to mainly be concerning grocery shopping, but I have undertaken strides in other areas as well.

I've used coupons for as along as I can remember, but this past year I began searching for them in new ways. I bought them off eBay, I didn't know you could even do that. Essentially you can't buy coupons, the price you pay is for the persons time in clipping them etc. I also started printing some off the Internet and have bought them from a service called thecouponmaster.com. I joined http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ and used their weekly grocery list to make purchases at my store of choice, Meijers.

Okay, so what's new to do in 2009 you say.
Well, I took a Webinar on basic couponing. It wasn't that expensive (just $10.00) and when you attend the class, they gave you a certificate for $5.00 of free coupons of your choice. You register for a specific date and time and then show up at your computer and log in through the special link they send you. It was pretty neat. You can even ask questions, if you have a microphone or you can type in the questions and they will be directed to the leader and she answers them then and there online while the class is taking place. I thought I was an intermediate couponer at least, but not so... I learned quite a bit from the webinar I signed up for, which was for beginners. I took pages and pages of notes.

This month I'm signing up for a coupon class in my area. I found the class on this blog http://sharpenyourscissors.blogspot.com/ I have a list of blogs on couponing I'm checking out for more frugal tips. If you have any ideas to share with me and the people that are following dorsey's blog, please leave it in the comments section. Thanks!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Wow! I didn't know you could take a class like that. Please share your living frugal tips!